Thursday, March 2, 2017

30 Day Coloring Challenge - Day 2

I told you I'd be back with my day 2 coloring project for the 30 Day Coloring Challenge.  This time I chose a rose stamp (retired CTMH).  It didn't quite work out the way I wanted it to, but it's a lot better than my day 1 post.  Again, I used my Spectrum Noir markers and added a touch of clear Wink of Stella after fussy cutting.  I also added white dots to the center using a white gel pen, ala Kathy.  The rose is definitely prettier in real life than in this picture.  I will make a card with it later.  Right now, I'm just concentrating on coloring, not making cards. 



If you want to play along, hop over to Kathy's blog and link up.  Today there's a blog hop with lots of cool prizes.

By the way, yesterday I tried to link up using Facebook, but now I'm not sure that I did it correctly so I went back and linked to Kathy's blog.  I also linked this picture to the blog and will continue to do so with my future projects.

Take care, crafty friends!

Thanks for visiting!






5 comments:

  1. This is just bloomin' gorgeous! Bet it was difficult to keep those very pale colors as lightly done as you did, but I think you succeeded admirably. I have a heavy hand with markers, and would never have been able to keep the soft, soft shading that you created on this lovely flower! TFS & good for you at playing along so faithfully in this challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind, Mary. I did struggle with this rose, but it turned out ok. I'm really trying - LOL!

      Delete
  2. I am loving your rose Sheila!!! The colors are so soft and pretty and you did a fabulous job with coloring it. You are way to hard on yourself, your color is gorgeous! And this rose will make a stunning card. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so appreciate your encouragement, Brenda. Thanks much!

      Delete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!