Sunday, June 2, 2019

613 Avenue Create #222 - Anything Goes - Option More Than One Fold

Hi, there!  This month's challenge at 613 Avenue Create was a hard one for me - using more than one fold.  I seldom make multi-fold cards.  I'm pretty much a clean and simple card maker, so I just fold a card base in half and make my card.  I did some research for this project and decided to make a Double Z fold card.  I really do like how this turned out and will probably make more in the future.

Here is my card folded flat:


Here is the open card:


And here is the side view:


I created a pattern on the card base by using a background stamp inked up with Versamark.  That created a subtle watermark pattern.

I used makeup brushes to lay down Distress Oxide Worn Lipstick all over the larger fold on the top panel, going from dark to light.  Then I spritzed the top panel with water. I lightly distressed the edges of the middle and lower panels.  I cut a frame from some DP for the stamped image and glued down the image after coloring it with my Spectrum Noir markers.

I then inked the edges of the lower two  folds of the card.

I used the same DP for the middle panel, stamping and cutting my sentiment on a strip.  This is a sentiment of encouragement. Then I added some flowers which I colored with my markers and added a small sequin to the center of each.

The bottom space is reserved for a handwritten note.

I followed instructions as detailed by the wonderfully creative Jennifer McGuire on her post here. Don't you just love Jennifer's creations?  She is super talented and so kind.

I really enjoyed the challenge of making this card.  We hope you step out of your comfort zone if multi-fold cards are not what you usually make.  And if you do make them already, please show off your projects.  Thanks for visiting!






14 comments:

  1. Very nicely done, Sheila! I decided to create a card using this fold to include in a gift bag I am working on. Thanks for the fun project and the inspiration!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chana. It was a bit of work, but worth it!

      Delete
  2. This is really lovely. I try to avoid masking cards with different folds. I love your image coloring,and the striped paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was really different for me.

      Delete
  3. Such a fun and great fold Sheila..I'm with you with simple card folds, but it was a fun challenge to try..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissy. I'm definitely a clean and simple card maker. And that applies to the folds, too!

      Delete
  4. Nicely done Sheila! Great choice! I like that you did the double Z with a top fold! Well constructed and a great design!
    ~ginny
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, thanks much. I just had to give it a try.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful card Sheila! I am like you in that I stick with mostly folded card bases, but I so love a "Z" fold card. I like the fancier "Z" fold cards too. You did a great job with this one my friend and all you hard work paid off. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda. I was actually kind of proud of myself for stepping out of my comfort zone - LOL!

      Delete
  6. Love the Z fold card and beautiful image,great inked background too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I'm glad that you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheila, great more than one fold card! Jackie 613 DST x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!