Monday, May 6, 2019

A Place To Start May 2019 - Tempting Techniques: Showcase Your Favorite Technique

Hello there!  This month at A Place To Start we want to see you Showcase Your Favorite Technique.  Right now, I'm loving Distress Ink blending - particularly Distress Oxide Ink.  I created a birthday card for my husband using this technique:


I blended a trio of Distress Oxide Inks for the sky:  Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry and Wilted Violet.  I blended them using make up brushes that I bought from Amazon.  The ocean is blended with Faded Jeans and a bit of Cracked Pistachio.  The waves and sailboats are from a Stampin' Up set,Lilypad Lake, while the sentiment is a gift from my friend Darnell, but I misplaced the label for it. I colored the sail boats with Spectrum Noir markers.

I must admit that I have much better luck ink blending with the make up brushes than I have had with the little round blending tool.  If you have trouble ink blending, I recommend giving the make up brushes a try.

I love how this card turned out.  I find it soothing just to look at.

Thanks for visiting!






8 comments:

  1. Hey Sheila! What a fabulous job blending that gorgeous sky! That transition is so smooth & something to be proud of... not a blemish anywhere. And the colors are so very realistic! No wonder that is one of your favorite techniques.
    ~ginny
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. How super effective the blending is, such a beautiful atmospheric scene created. So professional . Tina Chianna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila, this is so beautiful. You have blended this superbly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sheila, this card is just beautiful!! You got a beautiful blend using those brushes too, not blotchy or anything. I haven't tried them yet, I have one or two brush's to try with and need to give it a try, then get the set I guess. I do use one of them for a make up brush when I wear make up which is rare. lol I can imagine your hubby loved this card, I know I sure do! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blending on this beautiful card is lovely. So happy to join you on the DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is soothing, Sheila, and I'll bet the blending was soothing, too! I'm with you on the makeup brushes. Why didn't I know about them years ago?! I've been blend-challenged all these years and now I love it! Your card is sensational! Happy Mother's Day and Happy Birthday to your hubby!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is gorgeous Sheila! The sky is so beautiful - it's amazing how many blended background combinations everyone uses yet each one of them always seems to be unique and new each time.
    Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fabulous card Shelia. I have bought some oxide inks but not used them yet !

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!