Sunday, May 5, 2019

613 Avenue Create #221-Anything Goes-Option Shaker Card

Hello, Friends!  We have a delightful challenge this month at 613 Avenue Create.  Our Anything Goes option is to create a shaker card.  Shakers are always fun, and I really should create them more often.  The recipient always seemed to be surprised by the shaker elements.  Here's mine:


Can you see the shaker elements spread across the front of the card as it is placed flat on a table?  I used seed beads and some other little sparkly bits.  This one was really easy to create as I cut down a pre-printed card, stamped a sentiment on it, encased it in a small clear envelope, added the shaker elements, and finally sealed the envelope.  I cut a frame using dies, and glued the frame down to a card base.  I then glued the shaker envelope into the frame opening, adding the flowers as design elements and done!

I hope you like it.  It was super quick and easy.

Thanks for visiting!






13 comments:

  1. Beautiful shaker card Sheila and love your way of making a shaker card
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought to make a shaker element like this ! Fabulous card Shelia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Sheila! I was impressed by your description of how you constructed this project...clever. I am filing this one away for future reference!
    Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's something I learned from a friend, but hadn't gotten around to trying.

      Delete
  4. So very pretty. I didn't even realize it was a shaker until I read the post.
    I love the idea of using the clear envelope. I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to make a shaker card Sheila. This is so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, so where were you when I was trying to figure this out??!! Nicely done Sheila!
    ~ginny
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shaker card is beautiful Sheila! Shaker cards are fun aren't they? I don't know why I don't make them more often either as they really aren't that hard. lol Love the papers and colors you used on this one. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shaker card Shelia, love the floral background

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!