Saturday, July 5, 2014

Summer Hello

Today I have a bright and sunny card that I had a lot of fun making. I used a technique I have been seeing all over card blogs lately - inlaying a die cut. It was so easy. I also made my own background paper using a Heidi Swapp stencil. I really love that Big Hello die from Simon Says Stamps. Here it is:


For the background I used Versa Magic Chalk Inks: Pink Grapefruit, Mango and Key Lime. I used some pink paper from my stash and cut the hello out twice, stacking them before inlaying the word. I also used a Memory Box Hearts & Stars die to cut 3 yellow hearts which I coated with CTMH'S Liquid Glass to make them shine. It's hard to see in the picture, but the 3rd heart is below the "h." Also, IRL the bottom portion of the panel is green - Key Lime. It looks yellowish here. I mounted everything on a gorgeous cantaloupe colored card base given to me by a friend. I love the sunny colors.

I'm entering these challenges:  Virginia's View Challenge #5 - Use a Die;  Moxie Fab World - Wonderful Words Challenge; Sister Act Card Challenge #64- Anything Goes; Brown Sugar Card Challenge #101 - Anything Goes.

I hope you had a fun filled 4th of July. Now enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

9 comments:

  1. Oh this is awesome Sheila!! I love that background you made, so pretty and the colors are so summery. Your inlaid die turned out great! I love how you used a solid color to put inside the letters. yep, really love this card! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the technique and i'm a massive mask fan. Jacqui DT Sister Act

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a FAST learner! Look at your inlaid die cut card and stenciled background, Sheila, WOW! Beautiful design and execution! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful and delicate looking!! I love the soft colors and it is just lovely in every way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, thanks for sharing it with us in the brown sugar challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Sheila! The colors remind me of rainbow sherbet! You've done an outstanding job with this technique! Look at you go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card, Sheila! I love, love what you did!
    Thanks for linking it up to the MFW challenge!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!