Saturday, November 30, 2013

Boy Card

Hi, there, folks!  Today I made a card for our grandson.  He lives so far away from us, and we miss him so much.  We send him cards regularly to let him know how proud we are of him and how much we love him. Here it is:



I used Recollections cardstock.  The kite images and sentiment are from Pink Paislee - Prairie Hill (gifted to me by Lesia of Mema's Crafts.) Ink:  Memento Danube Blue and Summer Sky.  It's hard to see in the photo, but I used my new Wink of Stella Clear Pen to add sparkle to the kites and their tails.  I popped up the sentiment.  The white cardstock was sponged with the Danube Blue ink to mimic the sky and add a little texture.  I debated putting on sequins, but rejected the idea because our grandson is not a fan of bling.

I'm entering these challenges:  Send a Smile 4 Kids - Anything Goes; Crafty Girls Challenges - #7 Anything Goes; and The Male Room - Little Boys and Babies.

Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Love the blue in this! Beautiful monochromatic card, Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sequin free design, it's great the way it is. Thanks for joining us at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, perfect for any boy or man! The kite image is lovely too. Thanks for joining the Crafty Challenge, hope to see you again.

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card for your grandson, the stamped off image is a great touch and the sparkle sounds lovely.. The monochrome is a perfect choice. Great card for our Boys and Babies challenge at The Male Room, thanks for playing

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - love the background you've created.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls Challenges.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!