Monday, November 11, 2013

Anniversary Card

My husband and I recently celebrated our wedding anniversary.  This is the card I made him.  I tried something different, something I had never done before.  I made a background using Distress Inks.  I had everything I needed:  Distress Inks (various colors), blending tool and foam squares, and a craft mat.  Just ink up and blend, right?  Hold on, it was not as easy as the videos I had watched made it seem.  I threw away five attempts.  I wanted to evoke memories of our watching the sun set over the beach in Hawaii earlier this year.  My husband liked the card, and that's all that really matters.


I am entering these challenges:  Addicted to CAS - code word Anniversary; Simon Says Stamp Blog Monday Challenge - Got Ink; Simon Says Stamp Blog Wednesday Challenge - Keep it Clean and Simple.

I will have to try this technique again soon.  Hopefully, it won't be so hard next time.  And I do believe I need some new Distress Inks - LOL!!


13 comments:

  1. Very beautiful card,I love this blue color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!! I can see why your hubby loved his card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely that's all that matters! I see you stepped outside your comfort zone and it's Absolutely Beautiful Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course he liked it. It's a beautiful card! Sponging isn't as easy as they make it look. I've tossed several attempts myself. So glad you shared this with us at ATCAS, Shelia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty silhouette card!! Thanks for joining in with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your anniversary card is so pretty - great job stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shelia, you did a great job blending the inks. It is not easy. I struggle every time but I do like the look. I am so pleased your hubby liked it. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! Love how you made the background!! Super fabulous!!

    Happy (belated) Anniversary!! :)

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card! I see why your DH liked it! Amazing job on the blending! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is extraordinary! I am so impressed by the color blending that you achieved and the sense of movement you created with the birds. And I loved how you were so honest in your write-up! I'm glad I'm not the only one who fails to follow instructions right sometimes! But all of your efforts were worth it because this card really is stunning. Your husband is a wise man to like it! Thanks for sharing your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a GREAT job for ink blending, Sheila. Excellent choice of colors BTW! I must admit that when I first played with Distress inks, it was "not pretty"...but with lots of practice, it can only get better. Happy belated Anniversary to you and your hubby! Glad to know that he loves this card ( of course, it was made with LOVE)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sheila! Belated Happy Anniversary! Very nice! I've never tried the technique but you've done a great job! Love the birds and the flow of the card.

    Hugs,
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!