Saturday, February 12, 2022

Three Room Studio and Black History Month

Hello, friends!  This week we are celebrating Black History Month at Three Room Studio. This month is meant to be a specific time to recognize and celebrate achievements by African Americans and the important roles we have played in the history of this country, roles which have often been ignored or hidden, even to this day.

 Here's my card:
 

 I used my Spectrum Noir Markers to color a heart with the colors of the Pan-African flag - also known as the Afro-American flag.  This flag was designed by Marcus Garvey. To represent Black people, I colored and fussy cut the hands from the Hello Friend stamp set. I adhered the hands to the heart.  I used brown ink to distress a panel of textured card stock from my stash, gluing the panel to a kraft card base. I tucked a sentiment slightly behind the bottom of the heart and finally added some enamel dots.

Please take some time to read up on the contributions African Americans have made to this country. I would dare say that you will discover some amazing facts.

Thanks for visiting!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!