Sunday, August 2, 2020

A Place to Start August 2020 - Shaker Card

Hi there, Crafty Peeps!  This month our challenge at A Place to Start is to Create a Shaker Card.  A while back I learned how to create a shaker card by using a clear envelope.  It's so easy - no building up adhesive or using acetate.  Just create your card panel, insert it into a clear envelope, add your shaker bits, seal the envelope, and adhere it to a card base.  Here's what I made:



The main image is colored with my Spectrum Noir markers  I cut it out using a Spellbinders die.  I lightly chalked around the image and adhered it to a colored panel.  I stamped the sentiment and, as I stated above, put it in a clear envelope, and added sequins left over from a card kit. I think it turned out well.

We want to see your shakers, no matter how you make them. Give it a try and enter the challenge.  Happy Crafting!!

Thanks for visiting!






2 comments:

  1. Sheila: hello, APTS team-mate! I haven't seen this method before for shaker pockets! That's a great way! Your encouragement card is certainly going to brighten someone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut the front door! This is a fabulous shaker card Sheila, I've not heard of making a shaker this way but it sure does work out nicely! Love your shaker card, your little cup filled with beautiful blooms is perfect. You have colored it up so nicely too. Love it and will have to try a shaker this way sometime. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!