Monday, March 4, 2019

A Place to Start - Official Launch

Hi, there!  I'm proud to tell you that I am now part of A Place to Start, a blog where new crafters can find helpful information and where all crafters can display their creativity.


Welcome to the official launch  of A Place to Start.  We thank you for the support you have already shown us in our previous challenges.
It is our goal to make our Place more than just a challenge blog.  Over the coming months, we will have tutorials, product comparisons, and a Q&A section.  We will also revive our ATG Neverending Challenge.

We are a Just For Fun Blog but for our launch this month,our good friend, artist Rick St. Dennis, has graciously offered to sponsor the challenge.  The Top Sprout Honoree will receive Rick' March 2019 - Easter/Spring Packet.

APTS Launch Challenge: Create A Single Layer Card w/Matching Envelope - or Anything Goes




I taped off the edges of my card and sponged Distress Oxide Ink on the space between the tape.  Then I stamped the flower image with black pigment ink, coated it with clear embossing powder, and heat embossed it.  Finally, I spritzed wanted onto the inked panel before stamping the sentiment.  

For the envelope, I taped off a small border and sponged on Distress Oxide Ink.  I used second generation stamping for the image, party on and partly off the inked strip. Done!

Please do visit the blog, enter the challenge, and apply for a DT position.  We'd love to have you join us.  Good things are coming!

Thanks for visiting!







3 comments:

  1. I didn't know about this blog Sheila, thanks for letting us know about it! I will check it out. Loving your card and envie, so pretty is your inky background on both the card and the envie. I love the image you used-morning glories are so pretty I think. Your sentiment is so perfect and one that we all need to heed. Well done on this DT challenge my friend! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous, Sheila! Love the way you did the floral panel! Thanks for sharing about this new challenge blog, which I've popped over to follow. Congratulations and best of luck! (Wish you had a follow by email button, too.) It will be lovely to see you posting more often! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purple and pink are my favorite colors, Sheila, so this posting's project caught my eye! Lovely card and coordinating envelope!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!