Friday, February 3, 2017

Juke Box Birthday

This is the card I made for my husband's birthday. I had fun making it, although I had a few problems. I'll talk about that more later. He's an old school guy, so I made him an old school card. Notice that the card is sitting on a RECORD!!


I've had this Sizzix die for about a year and a half, so it's definitely NBUS. The sentiment was constructed from two NBUS stamp sets.

I made the white and black background paper by embossing white card stock with a dotted embossing folder. Then I attempted to use a brayer to put black ink on the raised dots. I tried 3 times. I never could get the ink to just cover the dots without covering the flat area of the paper. I decided to go with it, cutting down the paper and distressing the edges. I added some red stripes along the right side.

I always take pictures with a digital camera. But I decided to try my IPhone 5s (not planning to upgrade-LOL!) because I've seen on blogs that some folks use IPhone pictures. I loved the picture my IPhone took, but when I tried to upload it to my blog after editing it, the picture was sideways, even though it was straight in my picture folder.  (I had rotated the picture in the photo editing.)  I tried 4 times and never could get it straight. So I gave up and used a picture from my digital camera. I will have to investigate to find a solution to my problem with the IPhone picture...

Card stock:  Recollections
Stamps:  Stamploration Celebrate Sentiment Builders; Neat & Tangled For the Record
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Die:  Sizzix Juke Box & Music
Embossing Folder:  Sizzix Dots (I think that's the name)

Challenges:
Darnell's NBUS #10 (I did not use the option) (Playing for Zig Brush Pens)
Die Cuttin Divas #302 - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz #356 - Anything Goes Option Male Card

    Add us to your blog!   Crafty Catz Challenge Blog Bagde

Thanks for visiting!






9 comments:

  1. super fun card :) i love the music notes on the top! how cool
    cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a really good fun card..
    Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card Sheila! I bet hubby loved it! I too am old school and love the records and jukeboxes. I love when they were small ones on each table at a dinner. Love begging for quarters just to play it and loved flipping through the songs choices too. Different era, different time! The kids today are missing out on so much. But I guess they "old fashion" stuff will be too when their kids and grandkids come along. lol I have a hard time inking the embossing too Sheila, it is just hard. Maybe try and see if you can just ink the dots on the folder and then run it through your machine. It will emboss and put the ink on your paper too. Might work easier for you. I use my phone to take all my pictures for my blog as well and yes, they will load sideways even after you have rotated them in your editing software. But if you go where you store your pictures on your computer, find the sideways pic and right click on it. It will give you the option of rotating (left or right) the pic once again, then you can upload it when you write your post with it going the right way. I hope this helps! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog pictures are so crisp and clear, Brenda. I had no idea you used a phone. Thank you so much for explaining the process to me. I will try using my phone for my next post.

      Delete
  4. Now this is just a cleverly designed card for dudes of our era! Love the jukebox, and I'm the same with brayering over the embossing. I can never get it done properly. Yours looks good, and I bet it was a bit fiddly trying to lay down black over white too! Love the hot pink, and yes, we had some of those same 45's. Played a lot in the jukebox back in the day. Your Hubby will love this extra special card! I've never seen that die either!!! (can't help you with the phone. We have the Samsung android smart phones, I learned to download pictures to the computer, then had something upgraded on the pc, and after - had to fiddle to download phone pictures. I just use my Nikon & edit with Photoshop. Good luck). TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun fun card. Love how you photographed it as well. Thanks for sharing with us at Die Cuttin' Divas and the Anything Goes challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking card! Thank you for sharing with us at Die Cuttin' Divas!

    Glenda's Cards

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your retro birthday card, Sheila, and the fact that you had a record handy to use for a photo prop! I'll bet your hubby loved it, too, with all that great red and black and jukebox! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #10!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!