Sunday, January 25, 2015

You Have to be my Friend...

This is my second post today. I wanted to enter CASology's Challenge for week 130 - Friend.  I've had this stamp for years and have never used it. I bought it with my best friend in mind.  We have been friends since we were 9 years old. Now we're grandmothers together, so you know this sentiment is oh so true!


I used water color paper and embossed it with dots. Then I wet the paper and painted it with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink.  I stamped the sentiment in Hero Arts Orange Soda ink. The flowers were cut with a die, but I don't know what it is. I inked the edges of the flowers and added a bit of bling. All paper is from my stash.

I'm also entering 4 Crafty Chicks #230 - Best Friends and Uniko Studio Challenge #17 - Love & Friendship.

7 comments:

  1. What a fun card and sentiment.
    Thanks so much for linking up at Uniko studio.
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and a lovely sentiment. Welcome to Uniko Studio and thanks so much for joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this card Sheila! The color combo is fabulous and oh boy that sentiment is so true! lol I have a friend that I've been friends with since the 5th grade, so I know this sentiment to be true. I love how you embossing and water colored your background Sheila and I love your flowers. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it! Liked your embossing and then the w/color. Made a lovely background to that cute stamp. A perfect card for your childhood friend, and the pretty flower is a nice trim. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sentiment and the awesome colors you put together to make a beautiful creation. Thank you so much for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks for our Best Friends Challenge.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool flowers! Thanks for playing along with the Uniko Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun sentiment - perfect for your friend!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!