Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Anniversary Card

Today I'm displaying the card I made my husband for our 42nd wedding anniversary. Of course, it's clean and simple - you know me. I especially love the sentiment.


I used an embossing folder for the trees - I'm not sure of the name.  I inked the image and kraft card base with CTMH chocolate ink. The sentiment is Hero Arts using white embossing powder. The die cut hearts have a coating of clear WOS.

I'm entering some challenges:  Brown Sugar Challenge #121 - Use Two or More Colors; Crafting When we Can #83 - Clean & Simple;  Fan-Tastic Tuesday #63 - Anything Goes Option Add a Tree or Trees; and Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.

I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!!


7 comments:

  1. Lovely pretty card, thanks for joining us at CWWC challenge cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Sheila, love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing that old Hero Arts sentiment, Sheila; it works great with your embossed trees! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesay challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 42 - that's quite a milestone these days. Hope you both will have a super grand day, enjoying each other. The card is lovely, and perfect for your sweet DH. The color is quite masculine along with the tree scene, and the pretty pink hearts cover the sentimental stuff! He'll love it. I do too. I'm playing catchup this afternoon, and will try to get back to enjoy some of the posts I've missed here. Been wondering how you are enjoying the SN's. Take care, hope you had a wonderful Thksgiving, and big hugs. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 42 years, what a milestone for you both Sheila!! Happy belated Anniversary!!! I love this card you made, the tree embossing folder is awesome and I love those hearts, but it is that sentiment that I am thinking is totally fabulous! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card looks very atmospheric but I love how you have made the sentiment really stand out.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!