Saturday, August 4, 2018

613 Avenue Create - August ATG/Twist Magic/Fantasy

It's August and time for a new challenge at 613 Avenue Create. The theme is an ATG with the Twist of Magic or Fantasy.  I usually follow the twist, but not this time.  I created a card for a sweet lady with whom I craft regularly.  She's actually moving to another state. I wanted to make her a card that would remind her of our friendship and the times we've spent together. I used a very old stamp that I will never purge because I love it too much.


My friend really liked the card, and I'm so glad that she did. It was a lot of fun to make. First I embossed the sentiment in white. Then I blended Distress Inks over the embossing, cut it into the shape of a banner and added a button to the top. I used a stencil with Distress Ink to make the background paper (which is actually a brighter green than it appears to be in the photo). After adhering all to the card base, I added a few sequins and was done.

Card Stock:  Recollections 110 lb
Inks:  Distress Mermaid Lagoon, Cracked Pistachio and Mustard Seed; Versamark Embossing 
Embossing Powder:  Stampendous white
Stencil:   Balzer Designs Mini Swirly Garden
Stamp:  Fresh Squeezed Stamps Crafty Friend (company defunct)

Thanks for visiting!






4 comments:

  1. Wow Sheila, this is a fabulous card!!! I love the inking and that sentiment. How sad your crafty friend is moving to another state, but I am glad you both were able to get crafty together while she lived near you. I'm sure she will cherish the memories you both have of getting crafty together and I hope you can find another crafty friend to get crafty with! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brenda. I am definitely sad to see her go.

      Delete
  2. Hey Sheila - you are so right about sentiment stamp... I would NEVER lose that one! The best part is how appropriate it is for another crafting friend and this occasion. The Distress Inks are blended beautifully on your tag and I like the stencil work you did with them for the background. Nicely done toots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, I really appreciate your sweet comment. Thanks much!

      Delete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!