Saturday, February 24, 2018

Hearts, But Not Valentines

I'm cutting it close to the wire in entering this month's Twofer Card Challenge. It closes in just a few hours. We are to use hearts.  I'm really liking this challenge.  It causes me to think about getting more from my stamps.  I love seeing the DT's projects, not to mention the challenge entries.  There's tons of great ideas there.  You should definitely check out the challenge if you haven't already.

The heart stamp for both cards is Neat & Tangled Falling Hearts.  All card stock is Recollections 60 lb and 110 lb.





The first card has a galaxy background - or at least my attempt at a galaxy background. I sponged Distress Inks (Black Soot, Dusty Concord, Chipped Sapphire and Salty Ocean) to create the background, then stamped the larger hearts only in Versamark Ink 3 times, filling out the width of the panel.  Then I used white embossing powder and heat embossed the hearts.  I added small white dots with a white Jelly Roll Pen, sprayed the background with both water and Tattered Angel's Pearl Glimmer Mist, and embossed the sentiment in white on black paper (Altenew's Label Love). Then I put the panel atop a black card base.  The glimmer mist is really pretty in real life, but doesn't show up so much in the picture.  I really like the sentiment with the sky full of hearts.



For the second card, I stamped the hearts with Kaleidacolor Pastel Ink. I think they are so pretty.  I cut the panel with a stitched die.  This panel is dusted with pink chalk. I cut a larger panel with a stitched die from pink card stock, making a splashed background using Picked Raspberry Distress Ink.  I stamped the sentiment (Stampers Anonymous Just Sayings), trimmed it and glued it down to a white card base. Finally, I added some Spectrum Noir Clear  Sparkle Pen to the hearts.

I'm entering the following challenges:

Twofer Card Challenge - February - Hearts
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Make Your Own Background
Crafting with Friends #61 - Anything Goes

       

Thanks for visiting!






8 comments:

  1. What a great stamp that is, Sheila! It lends itself perfectly for both your gorgeous night galaxy of stars for your Missing You card design and for your festive Birthday card in rainbow colors with a pretty pink dotty mat!! Thank you so much for the kind shoutout and for playing along in Twofer Card Challenge #2!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your galaxy background came out beautifully and I love the falling white hearts instead of stars with it! The rainbow hearts are fun and sweet with the splattered background and that slanted sentiment!
    Thank you for joining us at the Twofer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely cards, Sheila. They're so different, I hard to believe it's the same stamp, perfect for the Twofer challenge. Your galaxy sky is beautiful and I love the rainbow of cascading hearts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work with your galaxy background, Sheila! The hearts are so pretty against the dark background. And love those pretty rainbow coloured hearts. Perfect with the splattered background. Thanks for joining us at Twofer Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I'm just getting around Sheila, I am loving this challenge too! It really does make you get more miles out of our stamps. I love, love, love your cards! First off I haven't even attempted a galaxy background but think yours turned out great! It really looks like a galaxy to me! The hearts are adorable all over it too and a perfect sentiment finishes it off. Your second card is so colorful and cheery! Your pink splattered background is awesome and I love how you used your hearts again on this birthday card. I think you knocked this challenge out the park Sheila! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your heart cards, Sheila! It's hard to choose a favorite between the rainbow hues and my favorite blues - thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THE night time background with the hearts is awesome looking

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 wonderful cards for this challenge. I'd say you've succeeded marvelously at creating that night sky. Clever design idea for the hearts as falling stars too. Great use of the same image on the pretty pink birthday card too, love the CAS look, and the spatter of the background layer looks awesome! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!