Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog #320 - Sympathy

Our newest challenge at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog is to create a sympathy card.  Most of us find these cards difficult to make. It's something we need to do at times, however.  In the past, I have never made sympathy cards in advance.  But lately, I've reconsidered my feelings and decided that I will make a few in advance of need.  This challenge got me started.



I used the Bloom Cartridge to cut the images out of white card stock.  The bird cage is colored with Spectrum Noir Markers as is the butterfly.  I stamped the sentiment using Distress Ink. I cut the card front layer using a Fawn Lawn die and dusted it with light green chalk before adhering the elements and stamping the sentiment.

Card stock:   Recollections 110 lb.
Spectrum Noir Markers:  LG 1, 2, 3; HB 2, 3
Die:  Fawn Lawn Stitched Rectangles
Sentiment:  Close to My Heart (retired)

Crafty Creations #360 - Anything Goes

Crafty Catz Challenge Blog Badge   Crafting from the heart facebook group   <b>Blog Badge</b>


We'd like to see your entry in our challenge.  Make a project about Sympathy or loss of a loved one (human or animal).  

The FCCB Design Team is sponsoring a $25 gift card at

Amazon!

To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used. If you use a Cricut Explore machine, at least one cut must be from the Cricut catalog of images.

If it isn't a card, you will get two entries into the drawing!

Thanks for visiting!






5 comments:

  1. a lovely card for the challenge at crafty catz, don't forget we have a GDT spot on offer
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sentiment in green it looks pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good idea to make these kinds of cards before the need. When you are doing it because it is needed, I think it is harder to try to create something appropriate. This is a pretty one. Love the look of the butterfly fluttering upward, and the design layout is just right. Great work with the chalking too. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Thank you for joining in the Crafting From the Heart challenge.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!