Monday, December 4, 2017

613 Avenue Create #204-Anything Goes-ATG-Option Christmas/Winter

Hello! So, December is here which means winter and Christmas. At 613 Avenue Create this month, in addition to Anything Goes, we'd like to see some Christmas and Winter projects. I made this card using a very, very old stamp set from Close to My Heart.  As you can see, the images are solid.  I had no success in stamping this set in the past.  It was just too hard for me to get it to stamp clearly. So this beautiful set was unused in my collection for literally years.  But now I have a MISTI so I thought I'd give it a try.  I am so happy with the result. Cards like this are not new, but it's the first time I've been able to make one.  Yay for my MISTI!


This is the card we're sending out this year, so I made it in bulk. I don't have that many to make, only about 25, so I don't get bored with the design. I do make some other Christmas cards here and there during the year, but I concentrate on a single card design when I really get down to making holiday cards for family and friends. It makes my life much easier to do it this way.  Do you make one design or many for Christmas?

Card Stock:  Recollections 60 lb and 110 lb
Designer Paper:  My stash
Stamps:  Close to My Heart (retired) and Hero Arts (sentiment-retired)
Die:  Anna Griffin
Accessories:  Bling (my stash) and Black Wink of Stella

Challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge-Anything Goes
Dare to Be Artzy Challenge-December-Spirit of the Season
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #362-Anything Goes Christmas

     Please join my Facebook page




Thanks for visiting!






5 comments:

  1. awesoem card, luv the image! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Sheila! I know the solid images are hard to get a good inking on the first time around, but now the Misti solves that problem. Glad you were able to get on Sheila and can use these types of stamps. These kinds of stamps are my favorite. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely silhouette scene card! Thanks for joining in at D2BA too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad the Misti enabled you to enjoy the results from this fab image. It's helped me a lot with the same problems. You created such a wonderful look to a card to assembly line produce, and anyone who receives one of these, will be happy. I like the religious theme as these as not always easy to find. This looks a good size for a card. Some are just a bit too large I think. Well done! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful Christmas card! Simple but elegant in black, white, and gold! Yes, a good stamp positioner does help!
    I make one design for all of my friends and relatives (usually around 70 cards so I try to keep them simple). I find that easier in many ways and don't get bored. I'll pin yours for the future because I really like it!
    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!