Sunday, August 6, 2017

613 Avenue Careate #200 Anything Goes - Option Shabby Chic

I am totally a Clean and Simple card maker.  So when our challenge this month at 613 Avenue Create turned out to have the twist of creating a shabby chic project, I thought, how in the world am I going to create something like that??  Well, I challenged myself to bite the bullet and create a project in a style totally foreign to me.  Here it is:

I made an oversized tag using my Cricut.  Then I sponged the white card stock with Distress ink.  I tore some designer paper, careful to show some of the white core, and glued it to the tag.  I cut up a paper doily, inked it, and attached it to the tag.  I then inked white paper flowers, layered them, and glued them down. I tore a small strip of the designer paper and attached it atop one piece of the doily.  I added pearls to the flower centers, inked the edges of the tag, and finally attached a ribbon.

I am rather proud of my tag.  Believe me, this was not easy for me. I urge you all to once in a while create a project in a style that you're not accustomed to using. Expand your creative horizons and just go for it!  You may just have some fun along the way.  I know I did.

Card stock:  Recollections 110 lb
Inks:  Dusty Concord Distress; Close to My Heart Blush; Color Box Banana
Cricut Cartridge:  Art Philosophy
My stash:  Designer paper, doily, pearls, ribbon

I will come back later to add some challenges.  Enjoy your day!


Thanks for visiting!






2 comments:

  1. You should be proud, Sheila! You did an outstanding job with the shabby chic style with this tag! I'm sure I would be totally flummoxed if I had to do this, but you have been inspirational showing us that we shouldn't be set in our ways or intimidated when a challenge that is outside our comfort zone comes along!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!