Sunday, April 2, 2017

613 Avenue Create #196-Anything Goes-Option Spring

It's April and Spring!  This month at 613 Avenue Create we've added the option of Spring Has Sprung to our Anything Goes Challenge.  I'm so happy the season has changed, and the weather is improving for the moment, at least where I am .  The days are longer and the sun seems brighter.  All in all, Spring puts me in a happy mood.

I've made an Easter card for this month.  Usually, I only make a few Easter cards.  This year, I've decided to make more for family and friends.  Here's my first:


I actually colored the sweet little bunny for the 30 Day Coloring Challenge  (which just ended) and put her away until now.  This is something totally new for me.  I have never colored images in advance of making a card.  I rather like going into my special box and pulling out an already colored image.  I believe I'll do more of it in the future.  Thanks to Kathy R, I have a stash of colored images - yay!!

Of course, I used my Spectrum Noirs.  I lightly chalked the area around the image and rounded the corners.  I used a stencil to create the background with Distress Ink.  I inked up the sentiment and adhered it.  Finally I added some sequins.

Card stock:  Recollections 110 lb and 60 lb
Spectrum Noir Markers:  LV1; LY 1, 2 & 3; PL1 &2; BG1, 2 &3; PP1; FS6 &8; DG3
Stamps:  Close to My Heart Sensational Season (bunny) & Say It in Style (sentiment) - both retired
Inks:  Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink and Memento Tuxedo Black
Sequins:  My stash
Stencil:  Heidi Swapp

Challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar Challenge #244 - Anything Goes
Alphabet Challenge - B is for Bunnies


    Grab Our Badge    Blog Badge

Thanks for visiting!






2 comments:

  1. Oh Sheila, how cute is this Easter card with your sweet bunny! Isn't it fun to have pre-colored images ready to go for your cards?!!! Just think at how many you have, it will make card making a snap! lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love this bunny and your gorgeous colors. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!