Monday, February 20, 2017

Floral Sympathy

I created this card for a friend whose adult son passed away.  It was several months ago, but I'm just now getting around to posting it.  This type card is so very hard to make, especially for a friend who's lost a child. I did my best to make it uplifting.


After stamping and embossing the flowers (a background stamp), I blended distress inks all over the front panel.  Then I embossed the sentiment on vellum and added the sequins. It's a bit bright, but I think the colors are comforting.

Cardstock:  Recollections (white and kraft)
Background Stamp:  I think it's Hero Arts, but not sure; I lost the packaging; have had it for years
Sentiment:  Paper Smooches
Distress Inks:  Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon
Accessories:  Vellum, Embossing Powders, Sequins

Challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Fantastic Florals
Crafting with Friends Challenge Blog #37 - Anything Goes
Hiding in my Craft Room #289 - Embossing
     blog badgehidinginmycraftroom.com
Thanks for visiting!






7 comments:

  1. You did an awesome job with this card, Sheila! Love the embossing and use of vellum! It's so very sad that the friend lost an adult son... I am sure this card will comfort her during this very difficult time. So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Fantastic Florals” Challenge! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful, and while I don't think the color is 'somber' - I also don't think it's too 'bright' either. It's cheerful. Love how you've done the flower repeat stamping and the grid background just makes those pretty flowers pop. Great job on the vellum and gold of the sentiment. This is one of your best yet (IMHO). TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! The gold embossed sentiment on vellum is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card and so perfect for sympathy card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your friend, Sheila. We've experienced that in our family and it's so tragic. Your card is really gorgeous, both the blending and the embossing on the soft vellum. I'm sure it brought your friend much comfort. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sheila, I'm so sorry for your friend's loss. It is so hard to lose a child no matter what their age. I will keep them in my prayers. Your card is a beautiful sympathy card, and I know it will bring your friend some much needed comfort. You did a fabulous job on blending the inks, your embossed sentiment is perfect on the vellum as well. Well done my friend! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!