Sunday, February 5, 2017

613 Avenue Create Challenge #194 - Getting Sentimental

Hello, my friends!  Welcome to our February Challenge at 613 Avenue Create.  We have the option to use the color blue and make the sentiment the focal point. You'll want to see the DT projects.  They are great.  Here's my card:


I made my own background paper by using a sponge dauber to put the distress ink circles on white card stock. Then I blended the same distress ink all over the panel. I added baker's twine and a banner made from Washi tape. The sentiment was die cut from a paint chip. This is a clean and simple card for my grandson - big surprise there!

Card stock:  Recollections
Ink: Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink
Die:  Kudos by Paper Smooches
Washi Tape:  My stash

Challenges:
Darnell's NBUS #10 (NBUS=Die (a 4 part die; one part used in NBUS #9)
Happy Little Stampers February CAS Challenge - Blue
Die Cuttin' Divas Challenge #302 - Anything Goes

       Add us to your blog!

Thanks for visiting!






6 comments:

  1. Love these wild fun colors! Until reading the post, thought this was the bubble wrap, using the big bubble! Love how you've created this fun background. I love the orange and hot blue, and your youngster will too! It shouts out "summer fun". Lots of dimension on the die sentiment and I like the way you've done the washi banner. It's a great design. Boy, are you getting adventurous with your designs. And I love it too! TFS &hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun font on the sentiment here. Very cool. Thanks for sharing with us at Die Cuttin' Divas and the Anything Goes challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun background you have created Sheila! I thought you had used bubble wrap only to find that you really didn't! You fooled me! lol I love the color combo you have used on this card, it is fun and cheery. I also love that die cut sentiment, so beautiful to give someone. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sponging and blending, Sheila, and awesome job making such wonderful custom DSP. You turned it into a lovely card!! Thanks for playing again in #10!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! great color combination. Thank you for sharing with us Happy Little Stampers CAS.
    BozenA DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sheila what a fun creation, love your blue against that strong orange and the washi banner looks great.
    Thanks so much for joining this month's Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!