Monday, December 1, 2014

My Sister's Birthday

I am so behind in cards for my family with November birthdays.  My older sister's birthday was the first week of November, and I just got her card made.  I have 3 others to make and mail with gifts. I'm usually very timely, but so much was going on last month that I just got behind. I'm showing it here before I mail it because she doesn't look at my blog.  Here it is:



I used Stamploration's Vignette It's Your Day stamp and colored the cake with Spectrum Noir markers. I think the wonky cake is fun. I managed a bit of shading - still working on my technique.  I cut the image with a Spellbinders die and dusted it with both yellow and brown chalk before removing it from the die.  I matted it and added a border from a Martha Stewart punch to one side of the matting.  The happy birthday is a Cricut cut gifted to me by a friend. I added some bling and a burgundy ribbon to match the sentiment. The white frosting has some glitter added with WOS and a Stardust Jelly Roll pen.

I actually won this stamp set and 5 others in July at Stamplorations Birthday Blog Hop. I will be using the other stamps soon - they are great.

I'm entering these challenges:  Less is More - Celebrations; Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes; Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - December;  Seize the Birthday - Option Leaves; and Stamplorations Anything Goes Challenge.

14 comments:

  1. I love your card! I like the wonky cake, too. I think your coloring is wonderful, Sheila and I like the chalk dusting as well. Your card is very well designed and I'm sure your sister will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake looks scrummy, even if it is starting to topple from that lovely icing! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great birthday card and I love the cake image, I haven't seen that one before! I am sure your sister loved her card. Thanks for joining us over at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wonky cake image is fun isn't it! Lovely card but we do like to see some 'white space' on cards for Less is More
    Thanks so much for joining our 200th Challenge at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheila, I love this fun, whimsical birthday card! I could use a few cards like this in my stash, we have lots of November birthdays in our family, too! This is a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect HB font with the wonky cake - Cute card. Thanks for joining in over at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous birthday card Sheila! I have been behind as well with my birthdays. I just can't seem to get it together for some reason. Hoping to do better next year. I love, love this cake you have colored up so cute. Your matting and inking looks great and I just love the paper you have used. That bow just finishes it off perfectly. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card, and I love the wonky cake....such a fun image. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheila, that is one yummy looking cake you created! :) I just love the color scheme you used...so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great card but as Anne says we do prefer to see more 'white' space at Less is More.
    Thanks for taking part though
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a really cute image.
    Thanks so much for joining in our celebration challenge!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a very yummy and tasty card :-)
    Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday and hope to see you soon again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're on a 'sweet' roll of late! I love it! Your coloring is terrific, and love the slide of chocolate down that yellow layer. Good choices with your S/B & that MS border punch. Very festive. I know what you mean about being behind. I think I stay in that place. Have a great weekend. We're expecting rain for the wkend. Was gloomy, misty & chilly today. So didn't finish the outside decorations yet. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!