Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Birthday Cupcake



I'm back with a birthday card for my grandniece. I used another of the stamp sets that I won from Stamplorations - Sketched: Cupcake. I thought my sweet niece would love this image because she's into baking cupcakes lately.  She made some darling turkey cupcakes for Thanksgiving. She's across the country from us, so we only saw pictures - they were cute as can be.  Here's her card:


I embossed the card front with dots. After stamping the cupcake, I colored it with my Spectrum Noirs.  I cut out the cupcake and the sentiment (CTMH) using Spellbinders scalloped circle dies.  I dusted the dies with chalk after embossing them. The purple frosting has a coating of clear WOS - love it! I die cut the stars too. The cupcake and sentiment are popped up with foam tape. Then I added a gold sequin.

I'm entering a few challenges:  Addicted to CAS #53 - Dots; Less is More - Celebrations; and Stamplorations Bi-Weekly Sketch Challenge #24.  Here's the sketch at Stamplorations:



I've got two more birthday cards to make...so I'll be back soon.


\



14 comments:

  1. Love the dotty background and your take on the sketch is brilliant. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS and STAMPlorations xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now it's my turn to catch up with you, Sheila! You are making some great birthday cards with your fabulous Stamplorations win!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving this card Sheila! The cupcake is awesome, and yummy looking too. I think it is the perfect card for your cupcake making grandniece! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheila this is a lovely CAS creation, your celebratory cake plays a starring role! Lovely colours on the icing.
    Thank you for joining our 200th challenge celebrations at Less is More
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy that cake is fit to eat Sheila and love your colour choice.
    Great celebratory CAS card
    Thanks so much for joining our special 200th challenge this week and for your continued support.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun card! Love the big sequin too - Thanks for joining in with ATCAS and STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card Sheila, that cake looks so yummy too ;) Viv xx
    Guest LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card Sheila... looks good enough to eat!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your dotty background Sheila. And your cupcake looks delicious! :) Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is darling, & your young budding cook will adore it. Especially after making the Thanksgiving cupcakes. It will be very special just for her. Love the embossing & your coloring is great! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so thankful you are such a loyal commentor on my blog, I would love to send you a Christmas card! Can you email me your address? vdutchr@cox.net Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card - that cupcake looks so yummy! Thanks for playing with us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a prettty purple card and great use of the cupcake stamp! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The purple and white look beautiful :) Thank you for sharing with ATCAS n Stamplorations :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!