Sunday, December 21, 2014

613 Avenue Create #103 - Anything Goes Option-First Day of Winter-Use Snowflakes

Because Winter arrives today, our newest challenge at 613 Avenue Create has the option to Use Snowflakes.  (I sure hope we don't get any snow this winter here in Georgia.)  Our sponsor is the always fabulous Rick St. Dennis.  I've used Mrs. Frosty:


I embossed Coredinations cardstock with a Tim Holtz Snowflake embossing folder, applying Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink directly from the pad to the embossed snowflakes. I colored Mrs. Frosty with Spectrum Noir Markers, adding a bit of black Wink of Stella to her eyes, mouth and buttons.  Her body has a coating of clear Wink of Stella.  I cut her out with a Scalloped Oval Nesties, dusting it with blue chalk before removing it from the die.  The sentiment is a Cricut cut, also coated with clear WOS.

I'm entering these challenges:

Simon Says Monday Challenge - Anything Goes; Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Winter Inspiration; Brown Sugar Challenge #125 - Christmas;  Stamplorations December Challenge - Stamps and my favorite Technique (October Challenge - Embossing); and CASology #126 - Snow.

Again, I kept it all flat for ease of mailing. I love the texture of the embossing and the look of the distress ink. Happy Crafting, my friends!!

12 comments:

  1. Your embossed snowflakes are the perfect backdrop for Mr. Snowman, Sheila! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sheila, when I first saw this beautiful card, I thought you'd ventured into embossing paste! How lovely you have done it with he Coordinations paper, embossing and then the ink over the raised surfaces. So very pretty & eye catching. Love your Mrs. Frosty and your coloring is just superb. Don't you just love those WoS? Merry Christmas, thank you for the prayers for DH, TFS & Big hugs. I heard that there were snow flurries in Cary, NC. I hope they don't get down to SC or GA either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I love the embossed snowflakes. Very pretty!
    Happy Holidays from the team at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. We are so glad that you joined our Anything a Goes Challenge this week. Thanks for playing along. ~Michelle
    http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling design, Sheila! I love the dry embossed background and your cheery colors for the snowman! Thank you so much for your faithful visits to my blog this past year. Your encouragement mean a lot to me! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Winter Inspiration” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheila, what an adorably happy snowman! I love the dry embossed and distressed snowflake background, so pretty behind that sweet snowman image! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you inked the embossed snowflakes, Sheila, and that snowman is adorable! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great texture you achieved with that E-folder and ink! A creative design Sheila!
    ~ginny
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheila, just wanted to take a moment to say thanks for all your visits & sweet comments. And to wish yet again, that you & your Hubby will have a lovely Christmas. Hope the weather is good down your way...heard there was rain in SC. Happy New Year as well, and maybe we'll see you in Feb at Lawrenceville! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those embossed snowflakes. Thanks for joining the STAMPlorations December challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is gorgeous and love the image/stamp including the beautiful colours and design.
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great design, I like the embossed snowflakes :) thank you for sharing with STAMPlorations

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the edgy snowflakes! I notice you both list your supplies AND explain your card. I feel like a lazy loser! haha!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!