Monday, August 11, 2014

Boot Shape Card

A friend gave me the template for this boot card a while back. I traced it and hand cut it - quick and simple.


The picture is not the best, there are shadows because it's overcast today. Also, I did get a little crease at the top right somehow between making the card and taking the picture. This was the last of the gold paper I had so I didn't try to remake it. I like the texture of the paper. Everything is from my stash. I wouldn't mind owning a real boot like this - check the low heel - LOL!!

I'm entering these challenges:  Virginia's View Challenge - Shape Card; Mema's Crafts - August Challenge Anything Goes; and Sisters of Craft - August Challenge Anything Goes.



8 comments:

  1. Wow, I am blown away at the authenticity of this boot!! The textures and colors are awesome, Sheila! SUPERB take on this challenge! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Shape Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila, I LIKE your boot! Good for you at handcutting a template...something I've yet to try. Like the color and the texture, and your little 'ding' at the top mimics real boots. (you could always dab a little Distress Ink around on it, for dirty scuffed up boot). If you're like me, though, best leave well enough alone. This is really cute! TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a funky make.. love the textured card and the detailing at the top of the boot. thank you for entering it into the Sister's of Craft challenge and good luck. Tina DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving this boot card Sheila! That textured paper is amazing and perfect for this boot. I wouldn't mind have a pair like this either. lol I am all for low heels as I have no balance anymore. lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great shaped card, Sheila! I really like the texture and the gold really makes this stylish! I hear you on liking a low heeled piece of footwear! I've never understood squishing ones toes into a narrow triangle for the sake of fashion! LOL! My toes actually go numb after a while in those things!!! These days I'd really be in trouble trying to chase a one year old! :}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is great texture on that paper, Sheila. Good for you using it and not hoarding it! I've never seen that template before and I think it's fabulous. I love the trim along the top! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love our boots here in Texas! What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! Thanks for joining August Anything Goes challenge at Memas Crafts. Princess – DT Member

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!