Friday, April 18, 2014

Using A Stencil

I have been inspired by my blog friend Virginia Lu to create a card using a stencil. This is the first time I've used a stencil. I wanted to enter Virginia's View Challenge #2 - Stencil.  Here's my card:


 

I used a Heidi Swapp stencil that I got on sale at Michael's. After taping the stencil down, I used a sponge and inked the spaces with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink.  I added a layered flower from my stash and put a button in the middle. The button has orange baker's twine in the center. I deliberately did not put a sentiment on the front.

I want to thank Virginia for encouraging me to step outside my comfort zone. She's an extraordinary card maker, with two blogs. Pay her a visit soon if you have not already done so.


4 comments:

  1. Sheila, this is such a gorgeous result! I love the clean, crisp impressions from the HS stencil (I have the same one and it hasn't been used!!). You have inspired me to get it out and play! GREAT choice on using the flowers for this CAS design. I am so pleased to see that you welcome the challenge and do such a super fabulous job! You make me very happy, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful Sheila! I love the color you used through the stencil and love the pop of color your flowers give the distress inks. So pretty! I want to give stencils a try, so that is on my list of must do's. lol Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Sheila. Love the colors, that turquoise really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card, Sheila! Great design, beautiful colors! Good for you stepping out of your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!