Monday, April 21, 2014

One Layer Card

Tonight I'm posting a card I made primarily for the One Layer Simplicity Challenge #4: Road Trip. I love this challenge. The cards are to be "clean and minimalist" which is not easy to achieve, but the DT members are masters of this art form. Here's my card:


My object was to create movement by using generational stamping. I didn't need to ground the bicycle since grounding was a part of the stamp. At least I hope I didn't need to ground the image more. The stamps are all Close to My Heart as are the inks

The DT on OLSC are experts on placement, open space, visual triangles, etc. They know design elements backward and forward. I'm never quite sure, but I did my best. Anyhoo, I'm glad I tried :)

I'm also entering Eureka Stamps #86 - Clean and Simple and Mema's Crafts-April Anything Goes.


9 comments:

  1. No need for more grounding - this is the perfect image for this challenge! I love the effect of the generational stamping and the clean feeling of this! So glad you joined us at OLS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply clean, simple and perfect. The image you created goes well with the greeting and I just love it lady. Thanks for taking time to share with us at Mema's Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Sheila! It is a fabulous CAS card. Love that stamped bike image and love, love that sentiment. You have it down pat on doing CAS cards, I still need work on it. lol Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic interpretation of your sketch. You certainly did achieve the 'movement' with your triple stamping, and no, I think the grounding with the stamp was just perfect. You are a dab hand with this minimalist technique, and you're right - it's not easy for some of us. Looks like you mastered it very well. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mission accomplished! I think you did a great job on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card. Thanks for playing along with the Eureka! Stamps Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm late getting to see this card, but am I ever glad I got here! I love your OLC design and, of course, that sediment is the BEST!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great CAS card. Thanks for joining us this week for our "Clean & Simple Challenge." Come back to join us again and good luck.
    Karal Eureka DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous one layer!! I love this CAS design for the masculine theme! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!