Friday, April 4, 2014

My Husband's Birthday

Hi, Ya'll. Today I'm showing the card I made for my husband's birthday. Of course, it's totally CAS.


The color did not photograph well in spite of my best efforts. The CTMH car is stamped in Brilliance Starlite Silver. I used a Nestabilities die and dusted it with grey ink before removing the cut. The car has Glossy Accents on the lights, windshield and windows. I used white gel pen on the sides. The balloon and dots (I used a hole punch) also have a coating of Glossy Accents. I punched a hole to have the balloon floating above the card. The sentiment is CTMH. The background DP is Bo Bunny Double Dot Designs. The red DP is a snippet from my stash.

I'm entering these challenges:  Addicted to CAS #35 - Wheels; Mema's Crafts - April Anything Goes; Addicted to Stamps and More #89 - CAS.

13 comments:

  1. Sheila, this is a fabulous masculine card - love the silver car and the splash of red against the dark background.
    Thank you so much for joining in the "Wheels" challenge at ATCAS - Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you shared your card with us. I think hubby will love it..btw like the splash of red. Thanks for stopping by Mema's Crafts this month. We hope you will come back often to play and visit with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card Sheila! Your pops of red look amazing-I like that you made them shiny like enamel dots, the car stamp is awesome and what guy doesn't love cars?!! I bet this is just beautiful in real life. Anything shiny embossed is so hard to photograph but you are did a good job with it. I bet your hubby loved this card. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Sheila! It's sure to be a hit!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful male card - I love the black/silver with the added touch of red xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats with hubby's birthday. I am sure he loved your stunning birthday card for him.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool car and very cool birthday card, Sheila! I'll bet he loved it!! Have a great day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely a card that a DH will love! That Brillance is hard to photo. I really liked the way you added the gray shading to the outer part of the die. Adding the white gel highlights on the side certainly added that gleam of waxiness that a guy has to have on his sports car. Liked the glistening red birthday balloon too. Great job, Sheila. TFS &Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. My belated happy birthday wish to your hubby! What a perfect card!! I love the flying balloon and sophisticated design, Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool and fun masculine card, I am sure he loved it :) Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More :) Sure hope we will see you around again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great car and I love the color and the fact that you framed it. Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great masculine card! Thank you so much for joining the fun at ATSM. Good luck.. :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!