Sunday, April 13, 2014

613 Avenue Create-Option Reuse/Recycle Something

Top of the morning, all! Our challenge this week at 613 Avenue Create is Anything Goes with the option to Reuse or Recycle Something in honor of Earth Day on April 22.  If you're like me, when you spy something that would look good on a card, you tuck it away to use later. So this option is a piece of cake for most of us, right?!  Our sponsors are Jellypark and Fred She Said. I used one of Fred She Said's Uplifting Sentiments as the focus of my card.


The DP is a snippet from Close to my Heart. The doily came from a restaurant somewhere. (Whenever I see a doily at a restaurant, I quickly stick it in my purse before it gets soiled from food.)  I also reused the leaf. It's from a tea bag! I have a collection of these leaves since I love tea. I made the flower, using a small scalloped circle, layering it with a flower from my stash, and adding a sequin. I dusted the doily and the die cut sentiment with chalk.

I'm entering these challenges:  Word Art Wednesday #127 - Anything Goes; Get Inky Challenge - Hop into Spring; Sister Act Card Challenge #52 - Anything Goes.

Get inky and join our challenge.  And don't forget to see who won last week.

12 comments:

  1. Such a pretty & delicate card. Thanks for joining us at SACC this week. Good luck.
    Maureen DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so like reusing things and your card is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us this week and for posting your awesome art in our Word Art Wednesday challenge. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. ABSOLUTELY striking card! Thank you for playing at Get inky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sheila this card is amazing and so stunning! I wish my restaurants had doilies like the one on your card. That is a beautiful doily. I love the sentiment-so perfect! I love your paper and your flower as well. Everything just comes together so perfectly. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty spring looking card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sentiment and the card is beautiful too, Sheila..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us this week at Word Art Wednesday! Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have been MIA for a couple days, and playing catchup on visiting this sunny afternoon, enjoying some wonderful inspiration. Love the things you saved to use on this pretty card. That is a lovely doily and good for you on remembering you had it just for this special card. Good job on the flowers too. This would be a perfect card to submit to the Snippets Playground, so keep in mind the next time you are using snippets & scraps. Beautiful card, Miss Sheila. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, beautiful card, Sheila! The colors are so pretty and I love the sentiment. You gave me a chuckle when I read you that you snagged the doily and put it in your purse! LoL! That's so cute! The doily is VERY pretty, btw!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!