For the flower, I used 3 Distress Markers, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and Barn Door. I stamped the CTMH image in Black Versafine ink. I used the lightest marker in the middle of the flower, then the two darker colors going outward. (I just scribbled since I was going to fussy cut the image.) I sprayed the flower with water and moved the paper around so the ink flowed. I dried the image with my heat gun and then fussy cut it. Later I added yellow to the inside with a Sharpie. For the background I squished Peeled Paint and Mustard Seed Distress Inks on my craft sheet. I sprayed the areas with water and dipped my paper into in, moving the ink around. After heat drying it, I scribbled Faded Jeans in the center, sprayed it and heat dried it. (I felt that the area behind the flower needed to be a bit darker for contrast.) I used several colors on the leaves and fussy cut them also. I popped up the flower and added sequins and a sentiment. I distressed the edges of the panel with scissors and CTMH Dutch Blue ink. I sponged blue ink on the white card base. After gluing down the water color panel, I added clear Wink of Stella to the flower and was done.
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Trying A Water Color Technique
Today I tried something entirely new for me - a water color technique using Distress Inks and Distress Markers. My friend Virginia Lu has a new challenge blog - Virginia's View Challenge. The first challenge is Water Coloring. A few days before I saw Virginia's new blog, I had actually tried a water color technique which was a total failure. I decided to try again so I could enter Virginia's challenge. I'm actually a bit pleased by this result - at least I didn't want to throw it away - LOL! I do hope to improve on my technique by making more water color cards.