Sunday, March 2, 2014

613 Avenue Create-Anything Goes-Option Use Your Stash

Good morning, Crafty Friends!  Today's challenge at 613 Avenue Create has the option of Use Your Stash. Our sponsor is Rick St. Dennis.  I've used the Daffodil Single Image digi. I have need for lots of birthday cards in the upcoming months, so I made a birthday card.


I colored the digi using colored pencils and gamsol.  I'm getting to like this.  I die cut the image uncolored, dusting the cut with chalk before removing the image from the die.  Then I colored another copy of the image, fussy cut it, glued down the stem and popped up the flower.  The die cut is popped up also. I distressed the edges of the flower, the die, the DP and the card with ink. The ribbon  (American Crafts) looks a lot lighter than the flower in this picture, but they actually match nicely.  The daffodil has a light coating of clear Wink of Stella, and I added some rhinestones from Recollections. The sentiment and DP are CTMH.  The cardstock is K & Company.  Absolutely everything is from my stash!!

I'm entering these challenges:  Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge -  always Anything Goes but must cover your card blank with patterned paper; The Card Concept - Floral (my style is Clean and Layered); Natalie and Amy's Challenge #18 - Flowers.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card! So happy to be part of your team over at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila I love how you colored that daffodil. What a great card for a spring birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila!

    Your card is beautiful! Love the daffodil image and your coloring. How impressive- everything was made from your stash! That is awesome!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheila, this is a fantastic coloring with the gamsol on the beautiful floral. Your fussy cutting must have been a bit tedious with some of the tiny bits, and you did it very nicely. Happy to see that you entered at Craftyhazelnuts and was very happy myself to enjoy it this evening. Hope all is well on your end of the world! We are expecting rain, cooler temps. Today was mid 70's, and lovely. Aired out the house a little. Have a wonderful week. Hugs & TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Your colouring is just perfect and I love the softness to your background! thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your flower is beautiful, and I love the sweet sheer ribbon too! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, love the popped up Daffodil.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Natalie & Amy's this month, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colouring on your flowers, Sheila, and I love the inked die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is impressive, Sheila! Thanks for that tip on chalking before removing from the die. You did such a great job with the pencil coloring!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colors and card design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sheila, thanks so much for all your sweet comments. You can't know it, but I really needed these today! Hugs & hope you have the same lovely weather SC has at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Sheila, this card is gorgeous! I love that flower and I to love to color with the pencils and gamsol. I just haven't done it in a long time. Need to get on that! lol I love the yellows & peaches and then you have that pretty sky blue, so pretty together. Love you chalked background on your mat too. Don't you just love when you can use up the stuff in your stash?! Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!