Sunday, July 7, 2013

Option Create Your Own Challenge at 613 Avenue Create

Hi, Friends! Our Twist for our Anything Goes Challenge at 613 Avenue Create is to Create Your Own Challenge using a chart.  Our sponsors are Rick St. Dennis and  QKR Stampede. 



My image is Rick St. Dennis' 3 Chimney Cottage.  I used the first column:  Image, Patterned Paper, Solid Color Paper,Vellum and a Sentiment:


I did not color the image.  I really like it that way - I think it gives the card a vintage feel, especially with the black and white DP.  The cardstock and DP are from CTMH. My sentiment is on vellum. It was in a package of sentiments gifted to me by a friend several years ago.  I used a Martha Stewart punch on the red paper and colored plain bling with a Sharpie.  The card is 5 x 5.

I'm entering these challenges:  Designer Challenge - Square Card; Creative Fingers Challenge Blog - Anything Goes; and The Sisterhood of Crafters - Black, White and One Accent Color.

You'll want to see what the other DT members have created, and don't forget to see who won last week.  Get crafty and post your project! 



11 comments:

  1. Hi, Sheila,
    I am glad that you did not color your image! When I saw your card, I thought of an old English Cottage sitting in one of the Agatha Christie villages. I could almost see Miss Marple or Hercule Poirot walking up to the door!
    Nicely Done!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the black and white with just a touch of color! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Sheila! I too am in agreement that this image can stand alone without color ... smart thinking ... it's gorgeous!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Black & White + One’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo freakin' elegant. I love it. Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Sisterhood of Crafters in our Black, White and One Accent challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifull card. Verry chique and stylish.
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Fingers

    Huggsss,Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap
    There's also a DT Call

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done! I think you made the right call to leave the image as is..It draws your focus and gives a vintage feel to the card. I think adding just a splash of color made the card pop with wonder. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks BEAUTIFUL,Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time/Designer Challenge!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the simple color combo to showcase this image! Great job, Sheila! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!