Sunday, March 31, 2013

613 Avenue Create

Happy, Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates Easter!!  Today our challenge at 613 Avenue Create is Anything Goes with Flowers.  I used a Bugaboo image - Umbrella 3.  I had an entirely different idea in my head for this card, but it didn't work out at all.  Does that ever happen to you?  I do like how it turned out however. I wanted it to have handmade medallion flowers.  It took me forever to make some, and then I didn't care for them on the card. I tried other flowers, including ones you roll up and stamped flowers, but I didn't like any of them. Finally, I remembered these Martha Stewart flowers I got at T J Maxx this weekend.  Done!

I used my newly purchased Sizzix oval dies (thanks to a sale at Joann's).  I was tired of all my images being square or rectangular. Everything is popped up.  I lightly chalked the background of the image.  The sentiment and ink are Close to My Heart.


Stop by 613 Avenue Create to see other DT members' inspiration.  And see if you won last week! 

I'm entering the following challenges:  Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes; Joanna Sheen Challenge - Weather; Addicted to CAS - Spring.

5 comments:

  1. I love that Bugaboo image! Great card. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image and colouring. Lovely CAS card.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Joanna Sheen Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. We were only talking yesterday about the first flowers out in Spring are coloured purple and yellow. Fab colour choices. Love the umbrella. Thank you for playing along with the ATCAS challenge.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely! Great coloring, great color palette. And I like the idea of using chalk on the background...it's very soft and really nice. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yellow and purple are such lovely color combo!Yyou have used it so fabulously, Sheila!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!